Constructed in 1960 and designed by the late Orville Bauer, a prominent local architect, this house was a classic example of 1950’s contemporary design. With tall, flat ceilings and large expanses of glass, the structure is sited on the edge of a wooded hillside overlooking the Maumee River. A second floor was added in lieu of expanding the house over the hillside or into other valuable yard area. This created the opportunity for a new welcoming foyer and front entrance hall with abundant natural light, as well as a guest room and bath, and a new exercise room.
1996 AIA Toledo Honor Award